Employment Opportunity: Admissions Assistant & Customer Service Representative
Description of Position
The Office of Admissions is seeking applicants for a year-round, full-time, Admissions Assistant & Customer Service Representative. This position will assist in executing the many activities of the Admissions Office. The Customer Service Representative & Admissions Assistant reports directly to the Director of Admissions.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Front-line customer service for parents and students (written, oral and face-to-face), greeting and directing appropriately
- Operate the University’s telephone system and represent the school with incoming calls
- Extensive data entry and supervising other office support staff or student employees to quickly and accurately input new student inquiries. This includes batch entry imports of lists and using/understanding the technology and tools available
- Attend weekly counselor meetings and facilitate effective office communication
- Open and distribute mail
- Post transcripts, test scores and other information to the database
- Processes returned mail by updating addresses
- Processing of application withdraws, postpones and cancellations, along with appropriate follow-up communication
- Answer or re-route email questions from prospective or applied students to correct counselor or other appropriate office personnel
- Process purchase orders for payment
- Assist the Director of Admissions, as needed
- Assist with New Student Orientation and recruiting events
- Other duties as assigned
- Sufficient skills, knowledge, and training to perform essential functions and take ownership of this position
- The University requires that all candidates have a Christian perspective (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU
- High motivation and commitment to the University
- Ability to self-start, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines, work with minimal supervision, be able to multi-task and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and files
- Friendly disposition that welcomes visitors and warmly greets visitors; must be upbeat, outgoing, and able to comfortably interact with new people in a pleasant manners
- Ability to perform detail work with a high level of accuracy
- Proofreading skills
- Ability to problem solve and use logical deductive reasoning
- Ability to learn university-specific computer programs
- The position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer competency with knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel, internet search engines, and ability to learn job specific programs
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to view a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
Salary determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant, within a range of $11.50 - $12.50 per hour. Full-time personnel offered access to a benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits, annual leave, sick leave, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application packet must be received. Complete application packet will include the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission requirement
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Two reference letters from professional associates
Send, fax or email a complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Sep 22, 2017
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).