Employment Opportunity: Advancement Assistant
Description of Position
The Advancement Assistant is a non-exempt, hourly, year-round, full-time position. The Advancement Assistant works for and is supervised by the Associate Vice President for Advancement, and assists members of the University Advancement (UA) team.
The Advancement Assistant role serves as the front office receptionist and assists with a variety of University Advancement initiatives and tasks. The Advancement Assistant works with members of the University Advancement team to respond to database information requests including daily use of the constituent database and updating of records. In addition, the Advancement Assistant provides significant leadership for, Give Day, Tag Day and Community Fair. The Advancement Assistant also plays a key leadership role in the Student Phonathon.
This role also helps UA better understand young alumni giving and donor interaction as well as serving as needed as the UA representative for initiatives targeting student philanthropy and younger donor engagement. Various other responsibilities related to day-to-day operations within the Office of University Advancement are also part of the Advancement Assistant role.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide support and assistance for members of the University Advancement team specifically within the University Fund, Corporate and Foundation Relations and Alumni sectors
- Provide office reception, to include welcoming guests and answering the main office phone line
- Help with coordination of all UA Office mass mailings and distributions
- Provide management support in organizing and implementing various University Advancement sponsored events and activities
- ·Provide support in maintenance of the constituent relationship management database in coordination with Advancement Services Specialist
- Provide assistance to the University Fund Director and leadership for Phonathon Campaign along with Give Day and Tag Day
- Provide assistance to the Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations and leadership for Community Fair
- Other duties as assigned
- Sufficient skills, knowledge, and training to perform essential functions and take ownership of this position
- The University requires that all candidates have a Christian perspective (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU
- Proven interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written
- High level of confidence in communicating via telephone and through other methods of technology
- The position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer competency with knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel, internet search engines, and ability to learn job specific programs
- Computer systems knowledge and technical awareness to work with complex information systems and electronic databases; experience with database management systems is preferred
- Ability to commitment to provide significant support to fundraising and alumni users and fundraising programs
- Ability to problem solve with effective reasoning
- Ability to work independently as well as with others
- Self-motivated, self-starter, committed to NNU and her mission, adaptable, calm under pressure, able to meet deadlines, work with minimal supervision, ability to multi-task, possess utmost integrity, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances
- Accurate and dependable team player, with proven record of punctuality and consistent attendance
- Ability to tolerate ambiguity
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Commitment to use information resources ethically and to honor standards of confidentiality in working with constituent and institutional information
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to perform detail work with accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to view a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
Salary determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant, within a range of $11.45 - $12.25 per hour. Full-time personnel offered access to a benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits, annual leave, sick leave, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application packet must be received. Complete application packet will include the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission requirement
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Two reference letters from professional associates
Send, fax or email a complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Aug 28, 2017
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).