Employment Opportunity: Director of Information Technology
Description of Position
The Director of Information Technology (D-IT) is the Chief Technology Officer for Northwest Nazarene University and is responsible for oversight of all technology-based systems on campus, including administrative software and databases, wired and wireless computing, telecommunications, classroom technology, computer lab facilities, printing processes, and network support. The D-IT reports directly to the Vice President for Finance & Operations. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Assist other institutional leaders understand the complexities of information resources, service delivery, technologies, and the information demands of the community
- Provide leadership in planning for future technology
- Manage Information Technology resources and budgets in an environment where the demand is often greater than the supply; ability to focus attention on the technology and to emphasize the opportunities that are possible through the effective use of technology
- Coordinate with other divisions of the administration in the use of technology, and form alliances and relationships with key campus constituents to make sure that all Information Technology efforts are in line with the institution’s goals
- Communicate with individuals at all levels of the institution and build coalitions by utilizing listening skills
- Serve as a visionary about the role of information technology in higher education with clear ideas about where it can make the greatest contributions at the institution
- Leader in change management that helps facilitate healthy change across campus
- Serve as a resource and oversee the IT departments: namely, administrative systems, network infrastructure, telecommunications management, and Information Technology Services (Help Desk). In a generalized role, act as teacher, facilitator, coach, and partner in all technology initiatives for the campus.
- Establish partnerships between local businesses and sister universities through collaboration.
- Report to the President’s Cabinet, University Administrative Team, and Board of Trustees, as requested
- Skills, knowledge, and abilities to perform all functions of the position
- The University requires that all candidates have a Christian perspective (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU and be willing to help advance the spiritual goals of the University
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum seven years of relevant experience, or a Master's degree in above stated fields from an accredited institution and five years of experience.
- Experience should include progressively higher levels of management responsibility, including budget development, supervision of professionals working with large, complex administrative systems, and an understanding of infrastructure and
- A proven record of accomplishments in project & budget management and negotiating complex contracts.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Must be someone who understands both the possibilities and the limits of technology, and who can adequately explain both.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to sit for extended periods.
- Ability to view a computer screen for extended periods.
- Available to work some weekend and evening hours depending upon need, as well as an expected 40+ hours per week.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Information Technology experience at an institution of higher education
Salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant within a range of $72,225 to $77,000. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits, annual leave, sick leave, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application packet must be received. Complete application packet will include the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission requirement
- Two reference letters from professional associates
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process, official required upon hire)
Send, fax or email a complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Aug 30, 2017
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).