Employment Opportunity: Doctoral Program - Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Doctor of Education (EdD)Faculty Member in Education - Emphasis in Quantitative Research
The Department of Education at Northwest Nazarene University offers both bachelor's and graduate degrees for the preparation of educators. Graduate programs include the accredited program leading to a PhD or EdD in Educational Leadership and numerous programs leading to masters' degrees. All NNU education programs maintain voluntary national accreditation through The National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). These preparation programs for teachers and administrators are approved by the State of Idaho. Graduate and undergraduate education programs have strong working relationships with school districts in the region, statewide educational organizations and the Idaho State Department of Education, which is located in Boise. We are a group of faculty committed to maintaining and expanding the diversity of our student body and faculty. We believe in the importance of community within a Christian context and strive to develop a supportive environment for the personal, professional and educational growth of students and faculty. We continually endeavor to preserve and enhance our strong reputation for quality programs in the education field.
Description of Position
NNU’s Department of Education is seeking to fill a full-time, tenure track position (rank dependent upon experience) in Graduate Education beginning fall of 2017 with major responsibilities in teaching and supporting quantitative research. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Teaching online doctoral-level courses (PhD and EdD) and Education Specialist (EdS) courses in the program
● Advising doctoral students
● Serving on doctoral committees
● Engaging in research and scholarly endeavors, including grant writing
● Seeking external funding sources
● Developing new online courses as required
● Collaborating with colleagues in local schools, agencies, and the university
● Providing meaningful service to the community and to the profession
● Serving on university committees
- Earned doctorate in the area of educational leadership or related fields
- The university requires that all candidates be Christians (preferably in the Wesleyan traditions). Faculty must be comfortable with the mission and agree to live within the lifestyle values of NNU
- Strong interest in mentoring students throughout the dissertation process
- Successful teaching experience
- Ability to work in a team
- Established research agenda
- Expertise in quantitative research or statistical application
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in educational leadership
- Experience developing and teaching courses in an online environment
- K-12 teaching experience or experience teaching in higher education
- Expertise in K-12 or higher education administration
- Prior experience as a K-12 Superintendent
The salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant. Full-time faculty will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits for employee and dependents, opportunities for professional development, sabbatical experiences, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application must be received, including all of the following:
▪ Application form
▪ Curriculum vita
▪ Digital copy of dissertation or recently published work
▪ Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
▪ Statement describing your philosophy of Christian higher education
▪ Statement describing your philosophy of teaching and research
▪ Two reference letters from professional associates
▪ Letter of reference from current pastor
▪ Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process, official required upon hire)
Send, fax or email completed application packet to:
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications to begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Nov 22, 2016
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).