Employment Opportunity: Faculty Member in MSW Program - Fall 2017
NNU’s Department of Social Work offers both a B.A. in Social Work and a 63-credit MSW degree. Both programs are fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. There are approximately 225 students and eight full-time faculty members. The B.A. program focuses on generalist SW practice and the MSW program has two concentrations: mental health/additions and an integrated clinical macro track. The MSW program is a vibrant face-to-face program in Nampa and a thriving video conferencing cohort in Idaho Falls. The social work department has strong relationships with social work agencies in the communities surrounding both sites and students complete 500 hours in generalized placements and 600 hours in specialized placements.
Description of Position
NNU's Department of Social Work is seeking to fill a full-time (10-month) tenure track position (rank dependent upon experience) as Faculty in the MSW program. It is expected that load will be assigned for teaching Field, Policy and Macro courses, with additional course assignments in other core areas. Exact teaching assignment will be negotiated with a given applicant. Classes in the MSW program are scheduled on Thursday and Friday evening (3-9) and Saturday mornings (8-3) and the program runs late August through early July. All faculty travel to Idaho Falls occasionally to provide on-site instruction to our distance cohort or conduct field visits. Northwest Nazarene University embraces diversity and therefore encourages all who are qualified to apply. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- MSW degree from a CSWE-accredited college/university
- Earned doctorate in social work or a closely related discipline
- Current licensure in Social Work, preferably at the clinical level
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Child Welfare, Medical Social Work, Criminal Justice
- Experience in Macro Practice
- Successful teaching at the graduate level
- Ability to work in a team
- The university requires that all candidates have a Christian perspective (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with distance education
The salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant. Full-time faculty will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits for employee and dependents, opportunities for professional development, sabbatical experiences, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application must be received, including all of the following:
- Letter of interest
- Application form
- Curriculum vita
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Statement describing your philosophy of Christian higher education
- Statement describing your philosophy of teaching
- Two reference letters from professional associates
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process, official required upon hire)
Send, fax or email completed application packet to:
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications to begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Jan 17, 2017
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).