Employment Opportunity: Faculty of Innovation in Education
The Doceō Center is a Center of Innovation in Teaching and Learning funded by the J.A. and Kathryn Albertson Foundation. The Center seeks to transform P-16 education in the State of Idaho and beyond through the creative combination of technology and pedagogy. The Center will use and research best practices and test unproven practices.
Description of Position
Northwest Nazarene University Doceō Center is seeking applications for one full-time, non-tenure track faculty member to begin Summer 2017.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has four essential functions:
1. To promote the use of technology in education from early childhood through college
2. To research the outcomes and achievement of students using various means of educational innovation
3. To investigate new instructional strategies and technologies in the practices of education
4. To encourage best practices in teaching through the offering of professional development in schools and districts across Idaho and the United States.
- Master’s in Education or within the social sciences
- Four or more years teaching experience in the K-12 environment (Secondary experience preferred)
- Passion for transforming students through innovation in education
- The university requires that all candidates have a Christian perspective (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU
- Exhibit excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sufficient skills, knowledge and training to perform the essential functions of this position
- High motivation and commitment to the University, including the ability to self-start, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines, work with minimal supervision, be able to multi-task and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new technologies to provide support to educators and campus personnel
- Ability to view a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with others and foster teamwork
- Ability to maintain a positive demeanor under stressful situations and deadlines
The salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant. Full-time faculty will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits for employee and dependents, opportunities for professional development, sabbatical experiences and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application must be received, including all of the following:
- Letter of interest
- Application form
- Curriculum vita
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Statement describing your philosophy of Christian higher education
- Statement describing your philosophy of teaching
- Two reference letters from professional associates
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process, official required upon hire)
Send, fax or email completed application packet to:
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications to begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted May 11, 2017
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).