Employment Opportunity: Financial Services Assistant
Description of Position
Northwest Nazarene University is seeking a full-time, year-round Financial Services Assistant. The Financial Services Assistant serves both the financial aid office and the student accounts portion of the business office. Within these departments, the Financial Services Assistant is the first point of contact for students and other constituents. This position also assists in executing the activities of the two departments it assists. The Financial Services Assistant will report directly to the Director of Financial Aid.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answer telephones and greet walk in clients (students, parents and others) and answer questions or direct them to individuals within financial aid and student accounts as appropriate.
- Monitor the financial aid and business office email in-box and effectively answer emails or forward them as appropriate.
- Accept student related payments and post them to the proper accounts daily.
- Reconcile all student payments received on a daily basis.
- Cash student checks as requested.
- Scan all checks received to the bank for deposit.
- Run financial aid award letters daily or every other day as needed.
- Scan award letters and other necessary documents into document retention program (Feith) on a timely basis.
- Understand the federal documentation requirements regarding FAFSA verification, prepare initial work-up of Federal Verifications, send students verification worksheets using Docusign, explain tax information needs and follow up with student when additional information is necessary or documents are not received.
- Send out missing document reminders, at least every two weeks.
- Coordinate any necessary details with the Campus Visit Coordinator in admissions for student visit days.
- Create appointments for financial aid and business office personnel and schedule meeting rooms when necessary.
- Pick up physical mail daily and take items to the post office as necessary.
- At the end of each semester, send out exit counseling information with read receipts and a hard copy of the exit counseling materials, when lists of graduated students/no shows etc. is received from the registrar.
- Annually, update dates in forms, award letter inserts and other internal documents.
- Sufficient skills, knowledge and training to perform the essential functions of this position
- The University requires that all individuals be Christians (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with, in agreement with, and able to represent the mission and lifestyle values of NNU to all constituencies
- Applicant must be Christlike in words and actions, and able to perform work with integrity and compassion
- Be a self-starter, calm under pressure, meet deadlines, work without direct supervision, be able to multi-task, problem-solve, and be organized
- Be able to create a customer experience that is consistently friendly, respectful and timely
- Willingly strive for excellence producing accurate and professional work
- Be a team player by caring and helping others within the departments when necessary
- Search for procedural efficiencies and innovations in all you do
- Strong customer service experience, professional in appearance and speech, efficient with responses, good with names and faces
- Display professional telephone skills including the ability to handle private and confidential information with tact and care
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate professionally and effectively in both oral and written forms
- Good with numbers and details, prior experience with reconciliations or similar duties is helpful.
- Solid typing skills
- Be proficient in the use of Word and Excel with the ability to learn university-specific computer programs, including, Jenzebar CX and JX systems and Feith
- Ability to sit for extended periods
- Ability to view a computer screen for extended periods
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of Argos/CX/JX is helpful
- Financial aid experience preferred, but not required
- Prior customer service experience
- Prior financial/cash reconciliation experience
Salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant, within a range of $11.50 - $12.50 per hour. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits, annual leave, sick leave, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application packet must be received. Complete application packet will include the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission requirement
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Two reference letters from professional associates
Send, fax or email a complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Aug 31, 2017
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).