Employment Opportunity: Help Desk Technician
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 85-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers programs online as well as in Boise, Idaho Falls, McCall, Twin Falls and in cooperation with programs in 10 countries. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, more than 6,000 continuing education students, and 2,300 high school students through the concurrent credit program. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the west. The university’s location in the southwest part of the state allows easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting. The proximity to Boise, the state’s capital, offers cultural amenities such as the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra, Boise Master Chorale, Opera Idaho, Ballet Idaho, Riverside Jazz Orchestra, and the Boise Art Museum. The university is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene.
Description of Position
This is a year-round, full-time, exempt position. The TMR Help Desk Technician reports to the Director of Technology and Media Resources. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM, with some Saturday and evening hours as needed.
The Technology and Media Resources (TMR) Help Desk Technician has responsibility for responding to technical requests by the user community of the University. The Technician employs troubleshooting and problem solving techniques to analyze the cause of technical problems, and follows through with practical and effective solutions. The Technician represents the Department of Information Technology to the entire campus community.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential fuctions.
- Set up media equipment for academic and non-academic use
- Provide service for campus audio and video recording, production, and duplication services
- Install, support, and maintain installed classroom technology and campus A/V equipment
- Assist in the setup/teardown of Adobe Connect and Polycom carts as needed
- Provide technical support for faculty, staff, and students in person, over the phone, or through the support ticket system
- Escalate help requests to other appropriate IT areas (Network Team, CX Team, Online Team, Web Team) for technical assistance as needed
- Continuously monitor the status of active help desk tickets, ensuring that all requests for help are responded to and resolved in a timely manner
- Keep up-to-date with current and future technologies supported by the TMR, helping to identify and pursue further education or training opportunities
- Assist in troubleshooting and diagnosing problems, requesting replacement parts, and carrying out repairs of NNU-managed computers and VoIP phone equipment, as needed
- Contribute to the TMR knowledge base, for internal use by TMR agents and for external customer use
- Suggest process improvements for enhancing customer service and for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of TMR operations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High motivation and commitment to the University, being a strong team player
- The ability to self-start, remain calm under pressure, and work with minimal direct supervision
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in PC hardware troubleshooting and repair
- Proficiency in a wide range of software application support, including all mainstream Microsoft applications, various web browsers, email clients and utilities
- Maintain the utmost level of confidentiality with sensitive University data
- The university requires that all candidates have a Christian faith perspective (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), be a member of and actively engaged in a Christian congregation, and comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity and/or experience with the goals and culture of higher education
Salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant with a starting salary between $31,000 to $32,500. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application must be received, including all of the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Two reference letters from professional associates
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process, official required upon hire)
Send, fax or email completed application packet to:
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
REPOSTED 1/15/2016. Review of applications to begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Dec 11, 2015
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).