Employment Opportunity: Media Production Specialist
Description of Position
Northwest Nazarene University’s Office of Marketing is seeking a creative, passionate Media Production Specialist to add to our team. The Media Production Specialist is responsible for representing the University to its various audiences through the creation of compelling videos and photos.
The Media Production Specialist position is a year-round, full-time, non-exempt position. This position reports to the Creative Director of Marketing
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Produce diverse portfolio of videos annually for the University’s various audiences – including prospective students, alumni, churches and donors.
- Provide compelling photography for extensive publication in print and digital mediums.
- Coordinate creative projects with freelance videographers, narrators, etc. as needed.
- Manage and catalog marketing video and photography library for regular use and archival purposes.
- Hire, train and supervise a student employee to assist with video projects, photography and storage.
- Recommend and purchase equipment and supplies as necessary.
- Manage budget expenditures.
- Along with the other marketing team members, ensure that information published about NNU in any form is accurate, effective, and timely.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years demonstrated ability and professional experience
- Experience in a fast paced digital production environment with emphasis on delivery online and social media platforms.
- Experience in photography and digital imaging including a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience in video editing and production using non-linear editing software, including Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro.
- Experience with motion graphics design and Adobe After Effects.
- Demonstrate high motivation and commitment to the University, including the ability to work on a team or individually, multi-task, use deductive reasoning, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines in a deadline-oriented environment, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances.
- Exhibit a positive demeanor and a professional, service-minded attitude.
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel, work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Candidates exhibiting leadership skills and experience working with large organizations will be preferred.
- All candidates must have a Christian perspective (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU and be willing to help advance the spiritual goals of the University.
- Ability to perform all Essential Functions of this position
- Ability to sit, walk and bend
- Ability to view a computer screen for extended periods of time
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree with a mass communications major
Salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant within a range of $14.77 - $17.38 per hour. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application packet must be received. Complete application packet will include the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Two reference letters from professional associates
Send, fax or email a complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Mar 30, 2017
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).