Employment Opportunity: Social Work Program Coordinator
Description of Position
The Department of Social Work Program Coordinator provides support for the Program's administrators in both the undergraduate and graduate programs in Social Work. This is an hourly, twelve-month, full-time, non-exempt, and works under the direct supervision of the Department Chair.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support the Field Administrators in development and maintenance of field files and paperwork, including information related to students, supervisors, liaisons, and agencies
- Coordinate with the Social Work Admissions Counselor to ensure that all application materials are compiled for potential applicants and facilitate the transition to review, acceptance, and enrollment of new students
- Provide a wide range of organizational and office duties relating to the undergraduate and graduate Social Work programs
- Provide meaningful information to prospective and current Social Work students to assist with the creation of each student's individual Study Plan
- Have a working knowledge of duties to be completed by the Office Assistant and supervise him/her accordingly, including the assignment of tasks to be completed
- Assist the Program Directors in coordinating student meetings/activities, including orientation and graduation
- Work within NNU databases and systems, including Canvas, Astra, CX, etc
- Serve as a liaison between students and the Business Office, the Office of Financial Aid, and the Registrar's Office
- Assist the Program Director as needed to monitor and approve program budget expenditures, including creating purchase orders and processing U-card transactions, and reconciling budgets monthly
- Facilitate communication between the Program Directors, students, program faculty, and adjunct faculty
- Coordinate programmatic needs of distance students and communicate with personnel at distance sites, including information technology personnel
- Assist with course scheduling, faculty load assignment, and adjunct and overload contracts.
- Assist students in the process of registration
- Assure accuracy of course loadsheets
- Ongoing communication with cross-campus offices as to student status
- Review individual study plans prior to registration each semester
- Serve as academic advisor to graduate students, including scheduling face-to-face appointments with local students and virtual advising appointments for distance students
- Travel to Idaho Falls at least once per year to assist new students with initial registration
- Assist faculty in travel planning
- Assist faculty in compilation of data and reports for accrediting bodies
- Assist in maintaining the Department's web page
- Work until 6:30 pm on Thursday and Friday evenings
- Availability to work up to 4 hours on some Saturdays (flexible between 7:30am and 1:00pm)
- Other duties as assigned
- Sufficient skills, knowledge and training to take full ownership of and responsibility for all essential functions of this position
- The University requires that all candidates be Christians (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with, in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU
- High motivation and commitment to the University, including the ability to self-start, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines, work without direct supervision, be able to multitask, problem-solve, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances
- Demonstrated ability to perform detail-work accurately and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to work as a productive team member
- Proven interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms. The position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- ·High level of confidence in communicating via telephone and through other methods of technology
- High proficiency with internet Applications, Microsoft Office Suite software applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must be dependable, with proven record of punctuality and consistent attendance
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. occasionally to move graduation or other student materials (e.g., cap & gown boxes)
- Ability to perform detail work with accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to view a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or closely related field
- Current knowledge of NNU and/or the Master of Social Work program
- Database and bookkeeping experience
Salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant, within a range of $13.25 - $14.39 per hour. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits, annual leave, sick leave, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application packet must be received. Complete application packet will include the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission requirement
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Two reference letters from professional associates
Send, fax or email a complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Jul 21, 2017
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).