Employment Opportunity: Sports Information Director (SID)
Department of Intercollegiate Athletics Northwest Nazarene University (NNU) Athletic Department competes at the NCAA Division II level. NNU is a member of the Great Northwest Athletic Conference (GNAC), which is comprised of the following eleven members: University of Alaska-Anchorage, University of Alaska-Fairbanks, Central Washington University, Concordia University, Montana State University-Billings, Northwest Nazarene University, Saint Martin's University, Seattle Pacific University, Simon Fraser University, Western Oregon University, and Western Washington University. NNU offers the following eight sports for women: volleyball, cross-country, soccer, indoor track & field, golf, basketball, softball, and outdoor track & field. NNU offers the following seven sports for men: cross-country, golf, basketball, indoor track & field, baseball, soccer and outdoor track & field.
Description of Position
The Athletic Department at NNU is accepting applications for the position of Sports Information Director (SID). This is a full-time, non-exempt position. This position will be primary responsible for all details of Sports Information. The SID will report to the Athletic Director.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual will be responsible for all details of Sports Information including but not limited to:
- Serve as the primary sports information contact for all 15 intercollegiate sports
- Provide game-day supervision and administrative support at home contests
- Assist with game-day facility set up for all hosted contests
- Work in partnership with the athletic director with sports information budget management
- Assist the athletic director with athletic marketing
- Produce and/or assist with all athletic publications and athletic marketing materials
- Maintain accurate sports information files, supervise and coordinate media and statistical activities at all hosted contests
- Supervise and coordinate all radio and web-based broadcasts, supervise and maintain athletic website (www.nnusports.com), social media accounts, and coordinate athletic press conferences
- Promote post-season honors for athletes via CoSIDA and work in conjunction with head coaches through the various coaches associations to promote pre-season and post-season awards
- Train coaches to use the GNAC digital filming program(s)
- Oversee and produce GNAC live video-streaming game broadcasts
- Coordinate sports information communication with the GNAC office
- Train and oversee statistical staff in the use of STATCREW software
- If available, train internship students to assist in applicable areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Sufficient skills, knowledge, and training to perform essential functions of this position
- The University requires that all candidates have a Christian perspective (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU
- High motivation and commitment to the University, including the ability to self-start, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines, work without direct supervision, be able to multi-task, problem-solve, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances
- Ability to obtain and maintain current First Aid and CPR card
- Ability to obtain NNU driving certification
- One to three years of experience in a collegiate sports information office or sports media field
- Working knowledge of industry-standard software including, but not limited to: StatCrew, Hy-Tek, SideArm, InDesign, Photoshop and other Adobe Suite software.
- Must be dependable, with proven record of punctuality and consistent attendance
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a communications-related field
- Experience in an NCAA Division I, II, III or NAIA institutional setting
- Play-by-play broadcasting experience or exposure
- Experience with live video-streaming technology
Salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant, within a range of $16.65 - $17.20 per hour. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits, annual leave, sick leave, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application packet must be received. Complete application packet will include the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission requirement
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Two reference letters from professional associates
Please do not contact athletic department staff directly; they will not respond to email inquiries or voice messages.
Send, fax or email a complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Aug 22, 2017
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).