Employment Opportunity: Accreditation Coordinator, Counselor Education Department
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers 26 online degree programs as well as courses at a regional campus in Idaho Falls. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 11,000 continuing education and concurrent credit students. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the West and a “Best Value” for delivering a high quality education at a remarkably affordable price. The university’s location in the Boise valley provides a wealth of regional opportunities: easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting; and a wide array of cultural opportunities from the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra to the National Oldtime Fiddlers Festival. NNU has a long and deep association with the Church of the Nazarene, and all University faculty commit themselves to living out their faith in a community shaped by serious scholarship and vital Christian piety.
Description of Position
The Counselor Education Department seeks a qualified individual to coordinate assessment program and provide support for accreditation-related activities. The Coordinator provides administrative and operational support for the Counselor Education Department by providing a high level of service to the students within the program and the leaders of the department. The Coordinator is the key liaison between the program and Qualtrics (assessment system). The Coordinator provides training for faculty and students in Qualtrics, compiles necessary training materials, works to resolve problems with the uploading of assessments, and assists field site supervisors in understanding the process of posting electronic evaluations on Qualtrics.
The Coordinator writes and administers surveys and rubrics to field site personnel, employers, and program alumni, and assists the department chair in compiling assessment reports. As time permits, the second key area of responsibility is providing support for CACREP-accreditation activity, including updating field site manuals, assisting in gathering information for new site approval, and working on other CACREP-related assignments.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
- Gather all data on each student in the program for the purpose of CACREP accreditation certification and activity
- Initiate and maintain data for all 21 assessment rubrics each semester for each student
- Create surveys, collect and analyze data
- Update syllabi and upload to Canvas for each course, as needed
- Assist with the preparation for new rubrics for data collection
- Collect information for new candidate selection and prepare spreadsheets for easy analysis
- Collect data for each class and field work for CACREP review
- Prepare materials for Biannual CACREP Assessment Data Review Meeting
- Track and update all student gatekeeping and dispositional incident reports
- Track and update all changes made to the departmental assessment plan filed with CACREP
- Maintain a complete student list within Canvas
- Regular interaction with faculty, staff and students supporting program needs and goals
- Deliver high level administrative support for confidential, critical and time sensitive projects
- Provide routine communication to faculty, staff and students
- Establishes work priorities, coordinates work to meet deadlines and ensure efficient workflow
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of two years in an administrative assistant or clerical role, preference given to those that have experience in a non-profit or academic arena
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to provide exemplary customer service
- Strong knowledge of computer systems including Excel, Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, or other software
- Ability to collect, process and analyze significant data within MS Excel
- Ability to act with professionalism and tact
- Ability to problem solve, reason effectively and work with limited supervision
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to effectively work in an often ambiguous environment
- The University requires that all candidates have a Christian perspective (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU
This is a part time, non-benefited position working 20-25 hours per week with a pay rate of $14.00 per hour.
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Two current letters of recommendation from professional associates
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process, official required upon hire)
Send, fax or email a complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Feb 25, 2020
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).