Employment Opportunity: Associate Director of Alumni Relations
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers 26 online degree programs as well as courses at a regional campus in Idaho Falls. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 11,000 continuing education and concurrent credit students. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the West and a “Best Value” for delivering a high quality education at a remarkably affordable price. The university’s location in the Boise valley provides a wealth of regional opportunities: easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting; and a wide array of cultural opportunities from the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra to the National Oldtime Fiddlers Festival. NNU has a long and deep association with the Church of the Nazarene, and all University faculty commit themselves to living out their faith in a community shaped by serious scholarship and vital Christian piety.
Description of Position
This position is a twelve-month, exempt position. The Associate Director of Alumni Relations works directly with the Director of Alumni Relations in executing the various programs/activities of the NNU Alumni Association and the Office of Alumni Relations. The Associate Director provides leadership, participates in strategic planning and alumni engagement, and coordinates several Alumni Association events and activities, including but not limited to - Homecoming & Family Weekend, Golden Grad Alumni Weekend, and the Ambassador Program. The Associate Director provides direct management of office staff, volunteers, and student workers. The Associate Director also coordinates with students, volunteers, and campus personnel in strengthening the relationship between the university and NNU’s alumni/friend constituency.
The Associate Director of Alumni Relations should have the ability to interact effectively with members of the alumni association, the student body, the academic community, volunteers, friends of the university, and members of the broader campus community with whom he/she will work in the process of the fulfillment of his/her duties.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and attend all alumni/friend events including weeknights and weekends
- Facilitate and implement a strategic plan for young alumni (up to fifteen years out) including a Young Alumni Advisory Board
- Partner with NNU’s Marketing Department in the content creation and look of brochures, website, mailings, and social media/email campaigns
- Oversee the planning and implementation of all events and meetings including venues, catering, staffing, budgeting, and programming
- Manage all aspects of the Alumni House including hospitality, bookings, cleaning, financial deposits, etc.
- Oversee all event registrations, ticketing, and correspondence, surveys etc.
- Recruit, train and manage office staff, volunteers and Student Alumni Council (SAC)
- Work with Director in partnering with University Advancement, Admissions, Academics and Career Center in integrating their objectives into alumni and friend events.
- The University requires that all candidates be Christians (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with, in agreement with, and able to represent and support the mission and lifestyle values of NNU to all constituencies
- Bachelor’s degree from NNU
- Possess skill in program management, event planning, public relations, administration, human relations, and customer service
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Possess self-starting skills, calmness under pressure, fortitude to meet deadlines, skill in analyzing and setting priorities, problem solving skills, need for minimal supervision, ability to tolerate ambiguity, ability to manage multiple projects, ability to work/relate to a variety of personalities, and ability to stay on task in a busy work environment
- Experience in working with individuals and in a variety of settings – volunteers, higher education, churches, business, industry, and community
- Competency in Word, Excel, Google formats, web management, equipment operations
- High skill level in reading, writing, and communicating in the English language
- Possess capability of sitting and standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform all essential functions of this position
The salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant and will be discussed with individual candidates as they are invited to interview for this position. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits for employee and dependents, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application packet must be received. Complete application packet will include the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Two current letters of recommendation from professional associates
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process, official required upon hire)
Send, fax or email a complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Applications will be accepted until August 15, 2019. Review of application will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Jul 24, 2019
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).