Employment Opportunity: Associate Vice President of Advancement
Description of Position
The Associate Vice President of Advancement (AVP of Advancement) will advance the mission of Northwest Nazarene University by providing leadership, management and inspiration to the Directors and Associate Directors within the Advancement and Alumni areas. Reporting to the Vice President for External Relations, the AVP of Advancement will provide both strategic and tactical input and leadership for the Advancement and Alumni offices. THE AVP of Advancement will demonstrate initiative, drive, creativity, a collaborative working style and superior organizational and communication skills. The AVP of Advancement will oversee and manage performance metrics for all the fundraising and alumni staff including major gift fundraising, annual fund, alumni giving, planned giving, and corporate and foundation relations. The AVP of Advancement will also maintain a significant personal portfolio of major donors as well as major donor prospects.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Functions.
The AVP of Advancement:
- In consultation with the President and Vice President, develop and execute plans for increasing major gift support from alumni and friends in the context of the current comprehensive campaign.
- Manage and assist in leading the University Advancement team.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of assigned major gifts prospects.
- Monitor and track progress of development officers against their goals using quantifiable metrics.
- Visit 15 donors/prospect monthly.
- Must be willing to travel significantly and work varied hours, including nights and/or weekends.
- Perform other duties at the delegation and assignment of the Vice President for External Relations.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred);
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience as a performance-driven senior development officer of a higher education or nonprofit institution, which may include major gifts, planned giving, and capital campaigns;
- Minimum five (5) years of management or supervisory experience with major gifts program with performance driven metrics and accountability;
- Demonstrated ability and success in major gift fundraising and donor cultivation, experience with successful major gift solicitations to individuals and corporations, and management of performance metrics and data driven decision making;
- Demonstrated creativity and leadership in strategic planning with the ability to implement and provide oversight of ongoing development efforts;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills to build trust, and motivate and inspire staff, volunteers, donors and others;
- Demonstrated oral and written skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as a high level of sophistication and maturity in social and professional settings;
- The university requires that all candidates have a Christian perspective (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU;
- Ability to perform all Essential Functions of this position;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Experience with PC software, especially Microsoft Office applications, and the ability to learn new software;
- Willingness and ability to travel for work;
- Ability to view a computer screen for extended periods of time;
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits, annual leave, sick leave, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application packet must be received. Complete application packet will include the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Two reference letters from professional associates
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process, official required upon hire)
Send, fax or email a complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Jun 01, 2017
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).