Employment Opportunity: Chief Admissions Officer
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers 26 online degree programs as well as courses at a regional campus in Idaho Falls. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 11,000 continuing education and concurrent credit students. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the West and a “Best Value” for delivering a high quality education at a remarkably affordable price. The university’s location in the Boise valley provides a wealth of regional opportunities: easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting; and a wide array of cultural opportunities from the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra to the National Oldtime Fiddlers Festival. NNU has a long and deep association with the Church of the Nazarene, and all University faculty commit themselves to living out their faith in a community shaped by serious scholarship and vital Christian piety.
Description of Position
The Chief Admissions Officer at Northwest Nazarene University is a member of the External Relations sector and is responsible for the Traditional and Graduate enrollment teams. As a dynamic leader, the Chief Admissions Officer will build and lead a sales culture in Admissions, and create metrics to measure Admissions performance across all academic and co-curricular programs to achieve enrollment and financial targets.
The Chief Admissions Officer will manage the Director of Admissions and the Director of Graduate Admissions, and provide leadership to the Admissions Counselors and Communication team that supports the admissions efforts. The Chief Admissions Officer is responsible for all enrollment strategies and admissions targets, and plays a significant role supporting campus leadership in areas of retention and finance/operations. This position brings a deep understanding of sales communications and sales leadership, with the proven ability to develop a sales culture within the context of higher education admissions.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of External Relations. Collaborates frequently with the AVP of Marketing and the Vice President of Finance & Operations as well as serving on the University Administrative Team.
- Proven record of success in Admissions, initiative and enrollment strategy development
- Provide enrollment leadership throughout the Admissions cycle
- Supervise, motivate, and coach a team of Admissions Counselors to achieve enrollment targets, focus on sales training, measurements and outcomes
- Design and develop performance metrics driven by sales, create a culture of assessment and accountability
- Work collaboratively with NNU leadership to create annual enrollment forecast for traditional, graduate, online and other programs offered by NNU
- Develop and implement enrollment strategies, align strategy with input from Cabinet, University Administration Team (UAT), the Board of Trustees and the Strategic Plan
- Work closely with NNU’s marketing team to produce a comprehensive and effective marketing plan for student recruitment and enrollment
- Manage a comprehensive student communications plan supporting admissions
- Provide guidance for the continued implementation of the CRM (Slate)
- Regularly schedule and lead meetings with campus leaders to evaluate enrollment results and goals, participate in campus committees/work groups focused on strategic enrollment planning, retention and other areas related to sales, marketing, communication or culture
- Collaborate with campus leadership to develop procedures to ensure compliance with admissions standards, policies and procedures
- Manage Admissions and Enrollment team budgets, direct appropriate expenditures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred in business, marketing or related field
- Candidate must have a proven record of success in Admissions in a higher education setting
- A minimum of ten years of experience in admissions, enrollment or a related field with at least three years in a leadership role
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - ability to engage a wide variety of constituents, present to large groups, conduct team training, meet with potential students, coach a team
- Ability to understand, analyze and interpret enrollment data
- Strong strategy, organization and analysis skills required
- The University requires that all candidates be Christians (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU. Candidates are asked to respond to the information items listed on the NNU Christian Mission requirements link below.
- Demonstrate high motivation and commitment to the University, including the ability to self-start, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines in a deadline-oriented environment, work with minimal supervision, tolerate ambiguity, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances
Salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant. Full-time personnel will be offered a benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance for employee and family, annual leave, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, holidays, tuition benefits for employee and dependents, and a retirement program.
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Two current letters of recommendation from professional associates
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process, official required upon hire)
Office of Human Resources
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Blvd.
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Oct 08, 2019
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).