Employment Opportunity: CPD Assistant Director
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers 26 online degree programs as well as courses at a regional campus in Idaho Falls. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 11,000 continuing education and concurrent credit students. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the West and a “Best Value” for delivering a high quality education at a remarkably affordable price. The university’s location in the Boise valley provides a wealth of regional opportunities: easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting; and a wide array of cultural opportunities from the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra to the National Oldtime Fiddlers Festival. NNU has a long and deep association with the Church of the Nazarene, and all University faculty commit themselves to living out their faith in a community shaped by serious scholarship and vital Christian piety.
Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Description of Position
The Assistant Director of the Center of Professional Development works with the Director to grow the reach, representation, and sales of the CPD professional development offerings and to support the successful growth and operations of the CPD. S/He partners with NNU departments and external organizational partners to carry out the mission of providing transformative educational opportunities that attract and retain students. With support of the Director of the CPD, the Assistant Director assists with strategic planning of CPD initiatives. The CPD Assistant Director works with the Director to support strategic planning focused on building and positioning diverse professional development opportunities (programs, workshops, partnerships and benefits) that grow NNU’s professional student enrollments and constituencies. The Assistant Director is under the direct supervision of the Director of the CPD. This is an exempt, full-time, benefited staff position.
- Collaboratively develop, plan, and execute the strategic marketing and sales plan for the CPD
- Support the CPD Operations Manager and CPD team to deliver outstanding customer service
- Seek and negotiate partnership agreements that are good for NNU and for partnering organizations
- Co-develop and manage the CPD’s budget and performance metrics under the oversight of the Director
- Develop contact networks with appropriate professional organizations and audiences to promote visibility of NNU and represent the University to these organizations
- Assist with the development, coordination and execution of strategic planning that positions the NNU-CPD as a premier provider of professional development education within the State of Idaho and beyond
- Creatively engage markets, positioning CPD-NNU brand and messaging within NNU marketing guidelines
- Support the development and execution of social media campaign strategies
- Engage in customer development activitiesConduct and direct research necessary to craft sound message development, suggest resources and curriculum that meet needs, and better position NNU in the market
- Work collaboratively with the NNU Marketing department
- Contact (recruit) potential instructors (SMEs) and arrange for the instruction of courses
- Represent NNU at conferences, community events, and meetings
- Assist in preparation and distribution of professional development promotional materials
- Make arrangements for travel, lodging, and supplies for district planning support visits, and for promotional and representational events
- Gain familiarity with database programs and ability to learn the University’s operating program in order to access data necessary to the responsibilities of the position.
- Liaise with University leaders to support strategic programming for NNU, offering and seeking support for NNU initiatives and program development
- Other duties as assigned
- Strategic planning and critical cognitive thinking and communication
- Financial acumen and an understanding of resource management
- Demonstrated supervisory experience within a team context
- Ability to lead sales initiatives
- Ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision.
- Experience in sales/marketing or account/client relations
- Experience with creative business engagement through the use of social media
- Ability to support off site client training engagements as needed
- Demonstrated public speaking abilities
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Experience in sales and contract negotiation
- Current general familiarity and network within Boise Valley business community; familiarity with other NNU Region business communities preferred
- High level of integrity and personal responsibility
- Ability to manage, develop, and thrive within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and effectively in oral and written forms
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Professional attire – dress standards range from business professional to business casual, suited to occasion
- Ability to perform all Essential Functions of this position
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to conduct Internet research up to 30-40% of the time
- Ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in the English language
- The University requires that all candidates be Christians (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with, in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU
The salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, annual and sick leave, paid holidays, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
- Letter of interest
- Application form
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Two reference letters from professional associates
- Letter of reference from current pastor
<span 13px;"="">Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Re-Posted Sep 17, 2019
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).