Employment Opportunity: CPD Faculty Member - Professional Studies
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers 26 online degree programs as well as courses at a regional campus in Idaho Falls. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 11,000 continuing education and concurrent credit students. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the West and a “Best Value” for delivering a high quality education at a remarkably affordable price. The university’s location in the Boise valley provides a wealth of regional opportunities: easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting; and a wide array of cultural opportunities from the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra to the National Oldtime Fiddlers Festival. NNU has a long and deep association with the Church of the Nazarene, and all University faculty commit themselves to living out their faith in a community shaped by serious scholarship and vital Christian piety.
NNU’s Center for Professional Development provides continuing professional education in the areas of K-12 education and leadership development. The focus within the department is on continuing to develop and deliver relevant, sustainable, and transformative professional development programming to these diverse constituencies. Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Description of Position
NNU’s Center for Professional Development (CPD) is seeking to fill a full-time, non-tenure track position (Faculty Member of Professional Studies). This position will include major responsibilities in teaching, facilitating, content development, program promotion, and constituent relationship building with a primary focus on professional development. This position serves under the direct supervision of the CPD Director and in collaboration with the CPD Assistant Director.
- Facilitating and delivering content in various modalities (online, f2f, hybrid)
- Developing and innovating content
- Liaising and building relationships among relevant constituencies and stakeholders to further the reach of NNU’s CPD programming
- Networking with diverse constituencies to grow NNU’s CPD market presence
- Research and stay relevant with new programming opportunities
- Serve as primary representative of available programming to K-12 constituents and new markets
- Developing new online courses
- Collaborating with colleagues in schools, agencies, and the university
- Serving on university committees
- Other tasks as assigned
- Expertise in the areas of K-12 education, 1:1 device integration, educational leadership
- Adept in research and development
- Collaborative approach to teaching and developing
- Appreciation for innovation and development
- Successful teaching experience
- Willingness and ability to travel alone
- High level of integrity and personal responsibility
- Ability to manage, develop, and thrive within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and effectively in oral and written forms
- Professional attire – dress standards range from business professional to business casual, suited to occasion
- Ability to perform all Essential Functions of this position
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to conduct Internet research up to 30-40% of the time
- Ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in the English language
The salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, annual and sick leave, paid holidays, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application packet must be received. Complete application packet will include the following:
- Letter of interest
- Application form
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Two reference letters from professional associates
- Letter of reference from current pastor
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Sep 17, 2019
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).