Employment Opportunity: Director of Admissions
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers 26 online degree programs as well as courses at a regional campus in Idaho Falls. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 11,000 continuing education and concurrent credit students. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the West and a “Best Value” for delivering a high quality education at a remarkably affordable price. The university’s location in the Boise valley provides a wealth of regional opportunities: easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting; and a wide array of cultural opportunities from the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra to the National Oldtime Fiddlers Festival. NNU has a long and deep association with the Church of the Nazarene, and all University faculty commit themselves to living out their faith in a community shaped by serious scholarship and vital Christian piety.
Description of Position
The Director of Admissions at Northwest Nazarene University (NNU) is a member of the University Advancement team and is the senior manager for Traditional Undergraduate Admissions. He/she will lead the relational sales and recruitment efforts of the undergraduate admissions team, supporting and guiding overall recruitment, sales and communication strategies for prospective students in the Northwest Field.
The Director of Admissions reports to the Chief Admissions Officer. The Director of Admissions leads, supervises and trains the staff of the Traditional Undergraduate Admissions Office. This position is an exempt, full-time, 12-month position.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
- Develop and coordinate traditional undergraduate admissions sales and recruitment strategies to support the efforts of Admissions Counselors, Colleges and departments, Athletics, Alumni and other constituencies in the recruitment of students
- Teaches, trains and supports the Admissions team to live into a high energy, fast paced relational sales culture aligned to the mission and values of NNU
- Coordinates with campus leadership and the Marketing team to ensure consistent communication to students, families and stakeholders, supporting the relational sales process
- Assist in the analysis and cultivation of "funnel shaping" for prospective students, formulates the best approach to enroll prospective students
- In consultation with campus leadership, develop procedures to insure compliance with admissions standards, policies, and regulations
- Oversee the department budget and directing of its appropriate expenditures
- Manage Admissions team with work flow assignments, coordinate technical and professional assignments, operation schedules, and delivery of admissions-related services to constituencies
- Develop contact networks with appropriate professional organizations to promote visibility of NNU and represent the University in these organizations
- Develop a multi-year recruitment and sales strategic plan including travel, communications (written, social media, calls, etc.), campus events and all other aspects of student recruitment
- Guide the admissions counselors in fulfilling stated recruiting goals
- Ensure that elements are in place for quality campus visit experiences
- Coordinate communication efforts to ensure prompt response to all inquiries
- Assist with the development of materials to market NNU, further brand identity and awareness, and design and produce recruitment publications, print and digital media
- Plan and direct campus recruiting events such as Main Event, Jump Start, NNU Fridays, the Call Conference, and other event activities as directed
- Coordinate with the CRM Manager on the continued implementation and resourcing of NNU's CRM systems (CX/Slate)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with preferred major in Communications, Business, Marketing or related, Master’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ sales, marketing or recruiting experience required, non-profit or higher education experience preferred
- Team leadership experience highly preferred, including the direct supervision of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and demonstrated experience with CRM systems (Slate, Sales Force, Ellucian, Workforce, etc.)
- Ability to self-start, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines in a deadline-oriented environment, work with minimal supervision, tolerate ambiguity, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances
- Capacity to think strategically and work creatively, and skills to bring initiatives to fruition
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms
- The University requires that all candidates be Christians (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU
Salary determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant. Full-time personnel offered access to a benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits, annual leave, sick leave, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
- Letter of Interest
- NNU Application form
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Two reference letters from professinal associates
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process, official required upon hire)
Send, fax or email completed application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Mar 03, 2020
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).