Employment Opportunity: Director of Marketing
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers 26 online degree programs as well as courses at a regional campus in Idaho Falls. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 11,000 continuing education and concurrent credit students. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the West and a “Best Value” for delivering a high quality education at a remarkably affordable price. The university’s location in the Boise valley provides a wealth of regional opportunities: easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting; and a wide array of cultural opportunities from the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra to the National Oldtime Fiddlers Festival. NNU has a long and deep association with the Church of the Nazarene, and all University faculty commit themselves to living out their faith in a community shaped by serious scholarship and vital Christian piety.
Description of Position
The Director of Marketing oversees the strategies and tactics that support the marketing of all NNU “products” while leading team members and processes toward that same end. This person has experience working with both clients and team members on multichannel campaigns that deliver unquestionable business results.
- Counsels internal partners on effective marketing strategy based on research and best practices to meet University needs and objectives
- Provides research, metrics and strategic insights to develop and present effective solutions while developing deep category knowledge
- Oversees and leads the development of entire campaigns across multiple, integrated project plans
- Oversees delivery of recommendations, measurement against goals and reporting of metrics
- Has a proven track record of developing and leading both strategic-level and tactical-level plan deliverables
What are we looking for?
Be a team player: Ability to work collaboratively as part of a larger team in an ever-changing environment
Present the vision: Articulate how the strategy and tactics answer the brief and solve the client challenge
Think AND execute: Ensure smart thinking is understandable and compelling
Inspire with passion: Pay attention to trends/innovations in marketing and solution delivery, while staying ahead of the curve
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Journalism, Communications
- Approximately 5 to 7 years of related work experience
- Ability to ask great questions
- Growing relationship and trust with partners
- Demonstrated expertise in digital technologies, digital marketing and advertising
- Proven results with managing teams from creative concept to delivery
- Proven leadership, team development and mentoring skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to collaborate effectively at all levels and functions
- Proven ability to manage cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated strategic acumen
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Standard NNU mission-fit language
- The University requires that all candidates be Christians (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU. Candidates are asked to respond to the information items listed on the NNU Christian Mission requirements link below.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, ability to view a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Must have sufficient skills, knowledge and training to perform the essential functions of this position
- High motivation and commitment to the university, including the ability to self-start, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines, work with minimal supervision, tolerate ambiguity, be able to multi-task, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances
This position is a salary-exempt, full time 12-month position. Compensation will be based on experience. Full-time personnel receive a generous benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits, annual leave, sick leave, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Two current letters of recommendation from professional associates
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process, official required upon hire)
Office of Human Resources
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Blvd.
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Oct 07, 2019
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).