Employment Opportunity: Faculty Member in Master of Science in Nursing Family Nurse Practitioner - Tenure-Track Assistant Professor
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers 26 online degree programs as well as courses at a regional campus in Idaho Falls. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 11,000 continuing education and concurrent credit students. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the West and a “Best Value” for delivering a high quality education at a remarkably affordable price. The university’s location in the Boise valley provides a wealth of regional opportunities: easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting; and a wide array of cultural opportunities from the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra to the National Oldtime Fiddlers Festival. NNU has a long and deep association with the Church of the Nazarene, and all University faculty commit themselves to living out their faith in a community shaped by serious scholarship and vital Christian piety.
Department of Nursing
The Department of Nursing at Northwest Nazarene University provides undergraduate, degree completion and graduate programs related to the professional field of nursing. We are nationally accredited and offer programs that can meet the needs of students in a wide variety of settings.
- Traditional Undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree
- Online Undergraduate RN–BS in Nursing (RN-BSN) Degree
- Online Graduate Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Degree
Nursing faculty aspire to professional excellence in teaching, practice, scholarship, and service to Northwest Nazarene University and the communities of Idaho and elsewhere. Our vision is to be a community of nurse leaders, guiding professional nurses and advanced practitioners who are committed to Christian values, professional ideals, lifelong learning, and meaningful practice in an increasingly technological health care system within national and international communities.
Description of Position
The faculty is a member of the Department of Nursing with responsibilities for the teaching of Family Nurse Practitioner online courses and clinical supervision. Coordination of residential learning experiences across courses is required. Experience in nursing education is preferred. This faculty member reports to the MSN/FNP Program Director.
The faculty member shall:
- Attend Department of Nursing faculty orientation where established guidelines and responsibilities are discussed.
- Participate in level meetings.
- Participate in University faculty meetings and committees.
- Participate in student advising.
The MSN FNP faculty member shall:
- Familiarize self with course components, theory and clinical, including content, outcomes, planned learning experiences and criteria by which students are evaluated.
- Teach in MSN FNP online courses.
- Assist with organization of the four required Residential Labs for the FNP students, including evaluating student’s assessment skills during their final practical exam.
- Maintain contact with the program director with a status report of students and clinical experiences.
- Consult with the program director when problems or questions arise.
- MSN FNP faculty will be guaranteed one day a week for clinical practice.
- Assume responsibility for a group of students in clinical practice. This includes:
- Monitoring student performance and evaluations.
- Assist with clinical site visits in the surrounding area.
- Submit to program director designated evaluation tools.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing required, Doctoral preparation is preferred
- Competency as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Current immunizations
- Idaho State APRN license
- The University requires that all candidates have a Christian perspective (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU
- Proven computer competency and aptitude for learning new software
- Ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in the English language
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Licensure in other states
The salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant and will be discussed with individual candidates as they are invited to interview for this position. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits for employee and dependents, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application must be received, including all of the following:
- Letter of interest
- Application form
- Curriculum vita
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Statement describing your faith journey
- Statement describing your understanding of the relationship between faith and learning
- Statement describing your philosophy of teaching
- Two reference letters from professional associates
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process, official required upon hire)
Send, fax or email completed application packet to:
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications to begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Apr 18, 2019
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).