Employment Opportunity: Head Baseball Coach
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU) athletic programs compete at the NCAA Division II level. NNU is a member of the Great Northwest Athletic Conference (GNAC) which is comprised of the following eleven members: University of Alaska-Anchorage, University of Alaska-Fairbanks, Central Washington University, Concordia University, Montana State University-Billings, Northwest Nazarene University, Saint Martin's University, Seattle Pacific University, Simon Fraser University, Western Oregon University, and Western Washington University. NNU offers the following eight sports for women: basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, track & field (indoor and outdoor) and volleyball. NNU offers the following seven sports for men: baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer and track & field (indoor and outdoor).
Description of Position
Northwest Nazarene University is accepting applications for the position of Head Baseball Coach. The individual will be responsible for all details of the sport, including, but not limited to: budget management, recruiting, eligibility, NCAA compliance and documentation, public relations, scheduling, travel, scholarships, roster management, managing assistant coaches, practice and game management, camps, fundraising, coaching, player development, possible field and facility maintenance, and other duties assigned by the Athletic Director. Head coaches are expected to promote and develop spiritual formation and leadership, academic excellence, athletic competitiveness and community engagement. The Head Baseball Coach reports to the Athletic Director. The position is a full-time Exempt level 4 position.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Baseball coaching experience
- Sufficient skills, knowledge and training to perform the essential functions of this position
- The University requires that all candidates be Christians (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU; candidates are asked to respond to the information items listed on the NNU Christian Mission requirements
- High motivation and commitment to the University, organizational skills, the ability to self-start, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines, work without direct supervision, multi-task, problem solve, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to pass the annual NCAA Division II recruiting exam
- Ability to obtain and maintain current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Ability to obtain NNU driving certification
- Offer of employment is contingent on successful results from a background investigation
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree
- Collegiate level (or equivalent) baseball coaching experience
- Experience recruiting student-athletes
- Administrative experience
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Proficiency in utilizing workplace technology
Salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant and will be discussed with individual candidates as they are invited to interview for this position. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, health savings account, tuition benefits, opportunities for professional development and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application must be received, including all of the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission requirement
- Two letters of recommendation from professional references
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process; official may be required upon hire)
Send or e-mail complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Blvd.
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted May 24, 2018
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).