Employment Opportunity: Head Men's Soccer Coach
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers 26 online degree programs as well as courses at a regional campus in Idaho Falls. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 11,000 continuing education and concurrent credit students. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the West and a “Best Value” for delivering a high quality education at a remarkably affordable price. The university’s location in the Boise valley provides a wealth of regional opportunities: easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting; and a wide array of cultural opportunities from the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra to the National Oldtime Fiddlers Festival. NNU has a long and deep association with the Church of the Nazarene, and all University faculty commit themselves to living out their faith in a community shaped by serious scholarship and vital Christian piety.
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU) athletic programs compete at the NCAA Division II level. NNU is a member of the Great Northwest Athletic Conference (GNAC) which is comprised of the following ten members: University of Alaska-Anchorage, University of Alaska-Fairbanks, Central Washington University, Montana State University-Billings, Northwest Nazarene University, Saint Martin's University, Seattle Pacific University, Simon Fraser University, Western Oregon University, and Western Washington University. NNU offers the following eight sports for women: basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, track & field (indoor and outdoor) and volleyball. NNU offers the following seven sports for men: baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer and track & field (indoor and outdoor).
Description of Position
Northwest Nazarene University is accepting applications for the position of Head Men’s Soccer Coach. The individual will be responsible for all details of the program including but not limited to: coaching budget management, recruiting, eligibility, NCAA compliance and documentation, public relations, scheduling, travel, awarding scholarships, roster management, managing assistant coaches, managing practices and games, scheduling officials, camps, fundraising, player development, and other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director. The head coach will also assist in overseeing the assistant men’s soccer coach’s operation of a University club soccer program. Head coaches are expected to promote and develop spiritual formation and leadership, academic excellence, athletic competitiveness and community engagement. The Head Men’s Soccer Coach reports to the Athletic Director. The position is a full-time Exempt position.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree
- Men’s soccer coaching experience
- Sufficient skills, knowledge and training to perform the essential functions of this position
- The University requires that all candidates be Christians (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU. Candidates are asked to respond to the information items listed on the NNU Christian Mission requirements
- High motivation and commitment to the University, organizational skills, the ability to self-start, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines, work without direct supervision, multi-task, problem solve, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to pass the annual NCAA Division II recruiting exam
- Ability to obtain and maintain current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Ability to obtain NNU driving certification
- Offer of employment is contingent on successful results from a background investigation
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree
- Collegiate or elite club men’s soccer coaching experience
- Coaching licensure
- Experience recruiting student-athletes
- Administrative experience
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Proficiency in utilizing workplace technology
Salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant and will be discussed with individual candidates as they are invited to interview for this position. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, health savings account, tuition benefits, opportunities for professional development and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application packet must be received. Complete application packet will include the following:
- Letter of interest
- Application form
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Two reference letters from professional associates
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process, official required upon hire)
Please do not contact athletic department staff directly; they will not respond to email inquiries or voice messages.
Send, fax or e-mail a complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Blvd.
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Dec 14, 2018
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).