Employment Opportunity: Human Resources Coordinator
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers 26 online degree programs as well as courses at a regional campus in Idaho Falls. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 11,000 continuing education and concurrent credit students. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the West and a “Best Value” for delivering a high quality education at a remarkably affordable price. The university’s location in the Boise valley provides a wealth of regional opportunities: easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting; and a wide array of cultural opportunities from the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra to the National Oldtime Fiddlers Festival. NNU has a long and deep association with the Church of the Nazarene, and all University faculty commit themselves to living out their faith in a community shaped by serious scholarship and vital Christian piety.
Description of Position
The Human Resources Coordinator position is a full time, year around, salary exempt position. The Human Resources Coordinator supports the HR and Payroll functions of Northwest Nazarene University, and provides excellent service to the NNU community of staff, faculty, students and stakeholders.
- Support and coordinate the hiring process for staff and faculty vacancies, post new job announcements, provide supervisors with support, tools and training through the process
- Partner with campus leadership to fill vacant positions
- Coordinate orientation and on-boarding, process new employment forms including EEO, background checks, offer letters, I-9, enrollment in benefits, etc., respond to inquiries, partner with HR Director to develop and refine a smooth onboarding process for new employees
- Coach and counsel managers on performance management, employee relation issues, and adherence to HR processes and procedures
- Assist with annual HR events including open enrollment, performance evaluations, salary letters, etc.
- Interpret, explain and assist employees with HR policies and regulations relating to benefits, salary administration, leave of absence, FMLA, Worker’s Compensation, and related employee matters, liaison between employees and NNU providers
- Assist the Payroll Administrator with bi-weekly payroll for students and temporary workers
- Assist in delivering HR programs, training and development
- Analyze HR trends, identify opportunities for improvement, propose solutions and work with the HR and Payroll team to provide excellent service to the NNU campus
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management or related preferred, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP, or the ability to obtain within one year of employment
- Three years of work experience in human resources, payroll, customer service, administration or related work
- Familiarity with an HRIS system preferred
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state employment laws
- The University requires that all candidates have a Christian perspective (preferable in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with NNU's mission and lifestyle values of NNU
- High motivation and commitment to the University, including the ability to self-start, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines, work with minimal supervision, tolerate ambiguity, and be able to multi-task
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to communicate effectively and build strong partnerships
- Ability to maintain confidential information and files
- Confident demeanor and the ability to work with a variety of personalities in a diverse environment
- Proficient in the use of Word and Excel and ability to learn new programs quickly
- Excellent organizational skills and solid ability to problem solve
- Ability to represent NNU in a positive, professional manner
- Ability to take ownership of position and all responsibilities
Salary will be determined by the educational background and experience. Full-time personnel receive a generous benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits, annual leave, sick leave, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Two current letters of recommendation from professional associates
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process, official required upon hire)
Office of Human Resources
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Blvd.
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Sep 05, 2019
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).