Employment Opportunity: Interim Registrar
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers 26 online degree programs as well as courses at a regional campus in Idaho Falls. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 11,000 continuing education and concurrent credit students. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the West and a “Best Value” for delivering a high quality education at a remarkably affordable price. The university’s location in the Boise valley provides a wealth of regional opportunities: easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting; and a wide array of cultural opportunities from the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra to the National Oldtime Fiddlers Festival. NNU has a long and deep association with Church of the Nazarene, and all University faculty commit themselves to living out their faith in a community shaped by serious scholarship and vital Christian piety.
Description of Position
The Registrar is responsible for all academic records, implements policies governing those records, and provides relevant academic data for the university and governmental agencies. The Registrar supports faculty and students through scheduling, registration, record keeping, and reporting, and also assists the VPAA and academic deans and other administrative offices in their service to the university. The Registrar oversees and manages the Office of the Registrar and reports to the Dean of Academic Services.
The Interim Registrar will work closely with a half-time Associate Registrar. The Interim Registrar position is classified as half-time, exempt, administrative faculty; the term of the position will be until June 30, 2020, at which time a full-time Registrar will be hired.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Supervise and lead the Office of the Registrar.
- Have a thorough knowledge of academic record and compliance regulations, policies, and procedures, and ensure that they are understood and followed by all constituents.
- Provide accurate and timely academic statistical data for institutional, state, regional, and national reports and surveys.
- Oversee record maintenance functions for all files, including imaged and archived files in the Office of the Registrar.
- Serve as a consultant and advisor to faculty and administrative councils and committees as assigned.
- Maintain, store, and distribute all academic records and petitions for the undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Coordinate and oversee advising, course scheduling, and registration processes.
- Verify, organize, and produce the university catalog(s).
- Prepare and maintain the Course Schedule Bulletin.
- Assist with planning and oversight for commencement ceremonies including regalia, programs, and line up.
- Prepare and manage the departmental budget.
- Serve as the University FERPA officer.
- Serve as a Designated School Official and Alternate Responsible Officer to help maintain compliance for individuals at NNU with an F-visa or J-visa.
- A Master's Degree is required; preference will be given to those with teaching experience in higher education and/or areas of academic or university service.
- The University requires that all candidates be Christians (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU; candidates are asked to respond to the information items listed on the NNU Christian Mission requirements.
- Demonstrate high motivation and commitment to the University, organizational skills, the ability to self-start, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines, work without direct supervision, multi-task, problem solve, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances
- Supervisory experience.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software applications is required; experience with Argos and Jenzabar CX software is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the university.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions and solve a full range of issues that are impacted by university policies, and state and federal regulations.
The salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant and will be discussed with individual candidates as they are invited to interview for this position.
To be considered for this position, a complete application packet must be received, including all of the following:
- Letter of interest
- Application form
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Two reference letters from professional associates
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process, official required upon hire)
Send, fax or email completed application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Jan 02, 2019
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).