Employment Opportunity: Internship Director - College of Business
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers 26 online degree programs as well as courses at a regional campus in Idaho Falls. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 11,000 continuing education and concurrent credit students. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the West and a “Best Value” for delivering a high quality education at a remarkably affordable price. The university’s location in the Boise valley provides a wealth of regional opportunities: easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting; and a wide array of cultural opportunities from the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra to the National Oldtime Fiddlers Festival. NNU has a long and deep association with the Church of the Nazarene, and all University faculty commit themselves to living out their faith in a community shaped by serious scholarship and vital Christian piety.
The College of Business at Northwest Nazarene University prepares and equips students to serve as ethical business professionals and leaders in today’s 21st century global business environment by offering a variety of bachelor's and master’s degrees in business. Undergraduate degree offerings, both in a traditional residential program and an adult accelerated Bachelor’s program (STEP) include Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees with Majors and Minors in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Economics, Global Business, Management, and Marketing. Graduate degree offerings currently include the Master of Business Administration degree. All NNU business programs maintain international accreditation through The Accreditation Council for Business Colleges and Programs. College of Business faculty and staff work closely with a Business Advisory Board, and are involved in various capacities throughout the local business community through service on boards, committees, and in consulting engagements.
Description of Position
The College of Business Internship Director is a year-round, full-time (1.0 FTE), exempt position. The Internship Director provides support to the faculty, staff and students in the College of Business with regard to the creation, implementation and operation of a best practices student internship program for College of Business majors and minors. This position works under the direct supervision of the Dean. The Internship Director is a very important role as this position will be instrumental in the ultimate success of College of Business students.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify and remain current on best practices with regard to university business College internship programs and outplacement programs
- Generate ideas and implement strategy to create best practices for a sustainable process and system to support, manage and maximize student internships within the Boise Valley business community and as needed within the NNU region
- Assist and guide the design and implementation of a best practices internship program
- Develop criteria to measure the success of internship programs
- Serve as a liaison between students, campus Career Center and Advising, and community leaders to locate and promote opportunities, design programs, assess needs, arrange logistics and measure outcomes
- Assist student preparation for internship requirements including the application process, work functions and support to ensure student success
- Advise Business College majors and minors and recruit students into internship positions
- Assist in the design and implementation of curricular programs, courses, and the design of such courses.
- Participate in campus committees and groups, Alumni, business community and areas associations to build relationships, discover opportunities and build new internship programs for the College of Business students
- Develop materials to facilitate workshops, webinars, and small group coaching sessions on the topic of internships
- Maintain all records and documentation as to student internships
- Coach academic advisors on how to best support their students in internship programs
- Position may also involve assisting students with outplacement upon graduation
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Dean of the College of Business
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred in business administration, higher education administration, social work, communications, education or related field
- Current familiarity with business and business education
- Current general familiarity and network within Boise Valley business community; familiarity with other NNU Region business communities preferred
- Current familiarity or the ability to quickly attain familiarity with the NNU College of Business and its programs
- Two years of relevant work experience (additional work experience may be substituted for advanced degree preference)
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally to diverse audiences
- Passionate about the opportunity to support student learning through internships and student employment opportunities
- Attention to detail, strong project management experience
- Ability to adapt priorities, track data, measure results and present findings in a meaningful way
The salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant and will be discussed with individual candidates as they are invited to interview for this position. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits for employee and dependents, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application packet must be received. Complete application packet will include the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Two current letters of recommendation from professional associates
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process, official required upon hire)
Send, fax or email a complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Jun 07, 2019
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).