Employment Opportunity: Nursing Lab Manager
The Department of Nursing at NNU offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing completion program, a Master of Science in Nursing with a leadership in education track and a Master of Science Family Nurse Practitioner program. All nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Description of Position
The Department of Nursing is seeking applicants to fill the Lab Manager position for the nursing learning center. This is a non-exempt, full-time, 10-month (.83 FTE) position. The successful candidate will support all clinical learning lab and simulated patient care learning experiences for the nursing department’s campus and online students by assisting program/course coordinators, faculty, and students with appropriate resources to successfully complete evidence-based learning opportunities in simulated patient care environment. Supports the mission and philosophy of the university and represents the university to clinical agencies, students, and community through lab and simulation scheduling and collaborate efforts.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Facilitates lab resources, including human patient simulation equipment and supplies.
- Supports students and professionals to achieve clinical learning in a simulated patient care environment.
- Prepares and maintains labs and simulated patient care environments with equipment, supplies, media, computers, and materials needed to replicate virtual healthcare setting.
- Collaborates with Course Coordinators and faculty to ensure preparation of lab supplies and equipment based on faculty requests and course schedule.
- Assist in developing and implementing detailed clinically-based scenarios for the computerized simulators operates and maintains computerized simulation equipment.
- Participates in planning and scheduling for students and faculty by ensuring open lab and structured lab utilization times are available and communicated and appropriately resourced.
- Collaborates on ordering and maintaining an inventory of all lab supplies, equipment, furniture, model, and laboratory manuals; recommends the purchase of lab equipment and supplies; and maintains a clean, fully equipped nursing skills and simulations lab.
- Facilitates simulation equipment care and maintenance, including troubleshooting and repair as required.
- Contributes to and attends national lab and simulation forums and conferences as appropriate to prepare and assess lab and simulation operational effectiveness.
- Completes work in a timely manner, including preparing, documenting, and tracking student and faculty lab utilization.
- Serves as role model for faculty, staff, and students in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence, attendance, and general professionalism.
- Interview, schedule and supervise work study students employed in nursing learning center in cooperation with Undergraduate Chair.
- Current unencumbered RN license, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with hospital lab and supply inventory or academic lab and supply inventory preferred.
- Proficiency with technology including computers, a variety of software, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with human patient simulators and audio/visual preferred.
- Motivated team player with the desire to share creative solutions and best practices.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organizations, interpersonal and communication (verbally and in writing) skills.
- Position will entail moderate lifting and carrying (up to 35 lbs), walking, sitting, kneeling, bending and standing for up to 8 hours; working with technology, including electrical power, compressed gases, knowledge of case scenarios using simulation software; and irregular work hours.
- Overnight travel may be required for attendance at conferences and/or training. Must be willing to begin training in simulation within 18 months of hire.
- Ability to perform all Essential Functions of this position
- The university requires that all candidates have a Christian perspective (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU.
The salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant within a range of $21.50 – $23.50 per hour. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits for employee and dependents, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application must be received, including all of the following:
- Letter of interest
- Application form
- Curriculum vita
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Two reference letters from professional associates
- Letter of reference from current pastor
Send, fax or email completed application packet to:
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications to begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Jun 01, 2017
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).