Employment Opportunity: Program Clinical Coordinator - Family Nurse Practitioner Program
The Department of Nursing at NNU offers a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Nursing, an RN to BS in Nursing program, a Master of Science in Nursing with a leadership/education track, and a Master of Science in Nursing with a Family Nurse Practitioner track. The Bachelor of Science program and the Masters of Science leadership/education program are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The Masters of Science Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program is currently seeking accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Description of Position
The Department of Nursing is seeking applicants to fill the Program Clinical Coordinator position for the Family Nurse Practitioner Program. This is an exempt, full-time, 12-month (1.0 FTE) position. The Program Clinical Coordinator for the Nurse Practitioner program is appointed by the Chair of the Department of Nursing and reports to the MSN Director. The Program Clinical Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the graduate family nurse practitioner clinical rotations. The Program Clinical Coordinator is responsible for all essential functions of this position.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leadership for the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) clinical rotations for students in collaboration with the Chair for the Department of Nursing
- Collaborate with the Director in evaluation related to the clinical rotations of students and their preceptors to ensure articulation of NNU Nursing Department’s total program evaluation plan
- Assist the Director in evaluation of the Nurse Practitioner Program in relation to the student clinical component requirements and in assisting with preparation of internal and external annual reports in regards to program outcomes
- Promote visibility and advancement of the role of advanced practice nursing within and outside Northwest Nazarene University
- Serve as liaison between other agencies and Northwest Nazarene University to advance practice and educational achievement in graduate nurses
- Experience with public relations
- Willingness and ability to travel in order to build relationships with clinical facilities and preceptors.
- Proven interpersonal skills including the ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in the English language
- The position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Evidence of leadership
- Must possess good time management and organizational skills
- Sufficient skills, knowledge and training to take full ownership of and responsibility for all essential functions of this position
- The University requires that all candidates be Christians (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with, in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU
- High motivation and commitment to the University, including the ability to self-start, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines, work without direct supervision, be able to multitask, problem-solve, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must be dependable, with proven record of punctuality and consistent attendance
- Ability to view a computer screen for extended
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
The salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant within a range of $39,000 to $41,600. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits for employee and dependents, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application must be received, including all of the following:
- Letter of interest
- Application form
- Curriculum vita
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Two reference letters from professional associates
- Letter of reference from current pastor
Send, fax or email completed application packet to:
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications to begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Jun 15, 2018
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).