Employment Opportunity: Program Coordinator - College of Business
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers 26 online degree programs as well as courses at a regional campus in Idaho Falls. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 11,000 continuing education and concurrent credit students. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the West and a “Best Value” for delivering a high quality education at a remarkably affordable price. The university’s location in the Boise valley provides a wealth of regional opportunities: easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting; and a wide array of cultural opportunities from the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra to the National Oldtime Fiddlers Festival. NNU has a long and deep association with the Church of the Nazarene, and all University faculty commit themselves to living out their faith in a community shaped by serious scholarship and vital Christian piety.
The College of Business at Northwest Nazarene University prepares and equips students to serve as ethical business professionals and leaders in today’s 21st century global business environment by offering a variety of bachelor's and master’s degrees in business. Undergraduate degree offerings, both in a traditional residential program and an adult accelerated Bachelor’s program (STEP) include Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees with Majors and Minors in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Economics, Global Business, Management, and Marketing. Graduate degree offerings currently include the Master of Business Administration degree. All NNU business programs maintain international accreditation through The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs. College of Business faculty and staff work closely with a Business Advisory Board, and are involved in various capacities throughout the local business community through service on boards, committees, and in consulting engagements.
Description of Position
The Program Coordinator is an integral part of the College of Business. Working directly with faculty, staff, and students to carry out the mission of the department, the Program Coordinator administers, coordinates, and supports the non-traditional undergraduate STEP and graduate programs of the College of Business. This is a full-time, twelve-month, non-exempt position. The Program Coordinator will work a flexible schedule that may include some evening work and travel. The Program Coordinator supports, assists and works with one or more faculty member serving as a program director under the direction and supervision of the Dean and Associate Dean of the College of Business.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and master complete familiarity and understanding of the STEP, MBA, and other adult and non-traditional programs as directed.
- Works with NNU Admissions, assisting with student recruitment and enrollment.
- Works with NNU Marketing, creating and disseminating effective marketing materials.
- Responsible for a wide range of organizational duties relating to the applicable programs.
- Provide daily office service (answer phones, receive guests, etc.) during regular office hours as assigned.
- Works with the NNU Business Office, Financial Aid Office, Registrar’s Office, and Information Technology Services as necessary.
- Assists with all aspects of new student orientation each session.
- Assists students in all academic customer service aspects of their respective programs including course registration, individualized education plans, degree audits, course add/drop/withdrawals, graduation applications and regalia, academic petitions, and other advising functions.
- Engages in activities and events to enhance student retention.
- Monitors the academic progress of students working closely with one or more faculty program director.
- Interacts with various NNU software and databases.
- Maintain applicable program budgets and process payment requisition for expenditures in such programs.
- Coordinates textbook information and services for faculty and students.
- Schedules and coordinates external capstone test exams.
- Assists with the College of Business commencement activities.
- Assists with the development and management of course scheduling, faculty load assignments, and faculty load sheets.
- Assists with adjunct faculty and overload contracts.
- Assists with compliance in both Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) and Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) accreditation.
- Assists with College of Business social media presence on various social media platforms.
- Provides support and assistance to faculty and adjunct faculty in use of the learning management system.
- Periodically reviews and submits updates for the College of Business sections of the University catalog and web site.
- Assists with coordination of faculty and student travel, including international travel experiences.
- Attends required meetings of the College of Business and other University committees.
- Responsible for recording notes and maintain documentation for various undergraduate and graduate committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Program Directors, the Associate Dean or the Dean.
- Ability to quickly acquire skills, knowledge and training to take full ownership of and responsibility for all essential functions of this position.
- High motivation and commitment to the University, including the ability to self-start, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines, work without direct supervision, be able to multitask, problem-solve, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a productive member of a team and coordinate with others in similar positions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High level of confidence in contacting prospects via telephone and through other methods of technology.
- Ability to perform detail-work accurately and efficiently in fast-paced, open environment.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms. The position continually requires poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High proficiency with internet
Applications, Microsoft Office Suite software applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must be dependable with punctuality and consistent attendance.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. occasionally to move graduation or other student materials (e.g., cap & gown boxes).
- Ability to view a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- The University requires that all candidates be Christians (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU. Candidates are asked to respond to the information items listed on the NNU Christian Mission requirements link below.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a Business-related Major and/or Minor.
- Current familiarity with business and business education.
The salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant and will be discussed with individual candidates as they are invited to interview for this position. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits for employee and dependents, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application packet must be received. Complete application packet will include the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Two current letters of recommendation from professional associates
Send, fax or email a complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Jun 07, 2019
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).