Employment Opportunity: Student Services Coordinator
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers 26 online degree programs as well as courses at a regional campus in Idaho Falls. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 11,000 continuing education and concurrent credit students. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the West and a “Best Value” for delivering a high quality education at a remarkably affordable price. The university’s location in the Boise valley provides a wealth of regional opportunities: easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting; and a wide array of cultural opportunities from the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra to the National Oldtime Fiddlers Festival. NNU has a long and deep association with the Church of the Nazarene, and all University faculty commit themselves to living out their faith in a community shaped by serious scholarship and vital Christian piety.
Description of Position
This position is a, full time, non-exempt, year-round (.75-1.0 FTE; 40 hours per week August through May, and a flexible 30-40 hours per week schedule June and July) position. The Student Services Coordinator reports to the Director of the Career Center. This position is the reception for the Welcome Desk and provides administrative support to the Career Center, as well as Admissions, Conference & Events and Student Life supporting various events and student activities on campus.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet campus visitors, answer questions, and guide visitors to departments on campus
- Update and create content for the Welcome Desk monitor
- Coordinate with Admissions when students and families arrive for campus visits or appointments
- Stay apprised of campus events and news, communicate information with a friendly, positive demeanor
- First contact for all Career Center inquires
- Organize and maintain files, schedule appointments, create and update forms, process mail, maintain office equipment, place online office supply orders, oversee bulletin boards
- Monitor and report on Career Center budget, create, submit and approve electronic purchase orders
- Assist in the supervision and training for Career Center Student Assistants, coordinate daily tasks and procedures
- Provide assistance to students and alumni with career exploration through resources and opportunities available at the Career Center
- Support students with resume and cover letter development, interviewing skills, Idaho-CIS, etc.
- Assist with the planning and organization of Career Week events, track registrations, maintain budget report, master mailing list, manage correspondence, etc.
- Oversee the Odd Jobs Program, act as liaison between students and Odd Jobs employers
- Oversee the intake and posting of employment and internship opportunities on the NNU Career Center web page, notify faculty of opportunities as they relate to various departmental major
- Oversee maintenance of the Career Center website, manage posts for Career Week events, campus recruiters, career resources and services, job and internship posting, etc.
- Provide oversight of the online career management platform for jobs and internships (Handshake)
- Provide administrative support as needed to the Director of the Career Center
- Provide administrative support to Student Life Directors, the Admissions team, Conference & Events, and others coordinating student’s activities and visits
- All other duties as assigned
- The University requires that all candidates be Christians (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU. Candidates are asked to respond to the information items listed on the NNU Christian Mission requirements link below.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, ability to communicate in a professional manner
- High customer service skills, friendly, helpful demeanor
- Ability to multi-task, organize and respond to diverse inquiries from contingencies with accuracy and dependability
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple projects, ability to work independently and collaborate with teams
- Must demonstrate ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong computer competency in word processing and spreadsheets (Word and Excel preferred) with willingness to utilize various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Ability to work independently as well as the ability to work with others and foster teamwork
- Ability to problem solve and effectively reason
- Ability to take ownership and complete tasks in deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, ability to view a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Must have sufficient skills, knowledge and training to perform the essential functions of this position
- High motivation and commitment to the university, including the ability to self-start, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines, work with minimal supervision, tolerate ambiguity, be able to multi-task, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Work experience in a higher education environment, Career Center, or Conferences and Events
The salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant and will be discussed with individual candidates as they are invited to interview for this position. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits for employee and dependents, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application must be received, including all of the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Two reference letters from professional associates
- Letter of reference from current pastor
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications to begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Aug 09, 2019
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).