Employment Opportunity: Video Services Manager
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers 26 online degree programs as well as courses at a regional campus in Idaho Falls. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 11,000 continuing education and concurrent credit students. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the West and a “Best Value” for delivering a high quality education at a remarkably affordable price. The university’s location in the Boise valley provides a wealth of regional opportunities: easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting; and a wide array of cultural opportunities from the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra to the National Oldtime Fiddlers Festival. NNU has a long and deep association with the Church of the Nazarene, and all University faculty commit themselves to living out their faith in a community shaped by serious scholarship and vital Christian piety.
Description of Position
The Department of Marketing & Communications is seeking applicants to fill the Video Services Manager position. This is an exempt, full-time, 12-month (1.0 FTE) position.
The Video Services Manager understands that content is best when created strategically, developed for the most appropriate medium and delivered through the most effective channel(s). As such, this person, along with other members of the content team continually seeks out new and existing content to support the strategic goals as defined by university and team leadership, and regularly measures results, pivoting and revising as needed.
The incumbent for this position works collaboratively with the Content Strategist and Account Manager(s) to determine which existing or new stories need to be told or augmented by video, and bring big ideas to screens of all sizes. The Video Services Manager understands the art & science behind storytelling, the power of words and excels at crafting creative stories that compel audiences to take action. This position collaborates regularly with the Content Strategist and the Marketing Technologies Director to review performance analytics, update strategies and evaluate new technologies to increase performance and effectiveness.
The Video Services Manager has a keen understanding of the importance of brand and the value of clear and cohesive messaging within the brand framework. They are energized by achieving positive, measurable results, and is the creative force behind all things video.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Video Producer, Director, DP, Editor - all in one
- Team Player: Ability to work collaboratively as part of a larger team in an ever-changing environment, and in many cases create content jointly
- Visionary: Articulate how the strategy and tactics answer the brief and solves the client challenge or business problem
- Thinker and Executer: Strong conceptual abilities and demonstrated story-telling talent within a marketing landscape. Make smart thinking understandable, visual and compelling
- Verbal & Visual Passion: Pay attention to trends/innovations in marketing and content delivery, stay ahead of the curve
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Digital Media, or Communications is preferred
- Approximately 3 to 5 years of directly related work experience, preferably in an agency or corporate environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience in creating video for varied audiences and channels as demonstrated through an up-to-date, high-quality reel
- Drive to stay current on marketing trends, video techniques, channels and tools
- Experience interpreting and acting upon performance analytics
- Ability to develop actionable insights from performance analytics
- Understanding of a strong user experience in a video context
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills in solving problems
- Strong multi-tasking skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take direction and translate into results
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong time management skills
- Problem solver
- Laughs easily
- The University requires that all candidates be Christians (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU; candidates are asked to respond to the information items listed on the NNU Christian Mission requirements.
The salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant and will be discussed with individual candidates as they are invited to interview for this position. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits for employee and dependents, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application must be received, including all of the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- Responses to the NNU Christian Mission
- Two reference letters from professional associates
- Letter of reference from current pastor
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable for the hiring process; official may be required upon hire)
- Up-to-date, high-quality reel
Send, fax or email completed application packet to:
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications to begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted Jul 15, 2019
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).